Sunday 8 September 2013

Weekend Witness

Observing the life of others around me is unreal. Some people are living their lives with intense direction, some are floundering with ease, others are growing a tiny human in their bodies while others sleep the days away. There are so many paths, trails and courses that we can choose to follow that it becomes rather overwhelming sometimes to decide what direction I am meant to go. Then I think, does anyone really know? Or does a situation just present itself and then WHAM we know within ourselves while telling ourselves " I can do that, I am ready for that ride."
I figure the best way to identify what I do want in my life is to sift out what I really don't want.
A good way to go about this is to ask the older generation questions, as many questions as possible, to hopefully soak up the valuable information,knowledge and life experience. I am under the impression that this generation have been about for a good amount of time and have statistically been through some weird ass shit at some point in their lives.. so maybe, just maybe, they will have the first aid kit to help in that mind sticky situation where there is a loss of direction.
If we ask enough people a variety of questions I get the sense that we can create a pretty good foot hold that will allow the mind some stability.... however, there is always the option of being a full blown trail blazer and seeing where it takes us. I hope I land in a hammock.

No comments:

Post a Comment