Sunday 29 September 2013

Sandwich Artist

 Returning back to the place that you are from can have an array of emotions tied into it. Comfort: for the fact that you know your way about, Predictability: as you have a clue of what the outcome could look like and Effort: in the sense that it is the place where old memories and people come back into play. My man says that "Maybe home is your lesson, while the rest of the world is your life." I could not agree more. Being back in the place that you identify as your teenage experience can be an interesting exercise. Emotional exercise if I am being completely fair. The push ups of the heart, the drop of the stomach, the anticipation of the nervous system and the running of the mind; it is a pretty eventful circuit, if I do say so myself, leaving you breathless at the end.
 A place to deal with the demons and become victorious over your own personal scars. I remember I used to think being selfish was a purely negative thing; however, I have come to believe that if your selfishness comes from a place to make yourself a stronger more full person then you are automatically taking the rest of the civilization into consideration, as being kind to yourself will allow you the skills to be kind to others. If each of us spent a little more time doing what we wanted and allowing others to do what they want while being under the simple concept of kindness I think that things would work out just fine. Respect is treating people the way they want to be treated and being honest with what is going on. Intention creates motivation and motivation brings forth action. If you want to be loved, be love; if you want kindness, be kind and if you want to hear the truth; speak the truth. 
 Isn't communication intended to be a way for us to express who we really are and what we are seeking in the most honest of ways possible? How can you ever get what you want if you are unable to present clearly and honestly what you are looking for? It is like going to a sandwich shop and saying "I want a cheese sandwich" but really you are looking for a chicken sandwich.... how is anyone ever to know... I mean ask for your chicken sandwich, it may not come out exactly how you assumed it would, but you will get it. Instead of containing lettuce, tomato, mayo and pepper, it may have avocado, red pepper and mustard.. but it can still be beautiful. I feel if we are so stuck on a certain "look" we will miss the awesome of what is really being offered to us.. That is how I look at life.. throw your intentions out to the world and be surprised at what gifts come back to you. You know them when they arrive. I am so thankful my gift has a Scottish accent, bright eyes and curiosity that adds insight into my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment