Friday 13 September 2013

Free Flowing

 Bouncing my head, hearing live beats, witnessing the entertainers entertain while observing the inner workings of their mind is wicked. How and where did the surge of creative force come to bring those visions to a reality? A reality in which I am able to witness and move too. Does the person always have a paper and pen on hand for when the million dollar lyrics bounce into thought? Or does a person create a persona of who they would like to be? Or just speak the truth of who they are? Either way the beat is sick. It is insane when someone else's words can resonate and remind me of a person, place, thing or event. Connectedness.
 A friend of mine believes the core purpose and drive of a person is autonomy, connectedness and relatedness. I understand this concept. I question people, generate conversation, enquire about their passions and dislikes to create a picture of who the other person is in hopes to relate to them. Always hoping for an easy ride, a smooth vibe and an absorbing conversation. 
 I love new perspectives that generate a whole flow of topics of unrelated ideas that in the end make their way back to a general focal point: to a place of ..... WOW!!! I am amazed by the ability of constructing a path that even being amidst the most obscure and tangent ridden conversations there is a trail that will lead back to the original purpose.
 Creativity produces this realm. I thought to be creative you had to paint, draw, sing or write. I thought creation had to be an item that fit into some guidelines of being an artist; I have come to discover this is not necessary true. Creativity is: 'the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, 
relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, 
forms, methods and interpretations.' So all in all, I get the impression that if we become truly interested in who we are personally... allowing ourselves the opportunity to discover, uncover and enquire our deepest passion, we will be surprised on how naturally we become ourselves. I believe the more I connect to me the more I will relate to you. 
Leading me back to Music; which produces the beats that make our bodies move.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment