Friday 6 September 2013

Morning Medicine

   Waking up from dreams and from the thoughts of the previous day can be an interesting experience. I find it rather amusing that I can start a new day (a brand new day) with a good 30% of my mind floating 14 hours in the past. The whole concept of living moment to moment is not the easiest thing to do. And I don't fully understand why the theoretically simplest things can be the most difficult. It is like my brain says, "No, No. No.. it can't be that easy... let's work a little bit harder and add more details, because there is no way it is actually THAT simple." The strangest part of that whole process is I actually listen to my head!
Time and time again I prove to myself that the solutions are pretty straightforward:
   1. Midnight is a new day; a new start!
   2. Dancing in the morning gets me pumped
   3. Music is magic
   4. Looking in the mirror and telling myself that I am "Awesome", with a cheesy smile while giving myself the thumbs up totally makes me laugh.
And seriously; isn't being able to laugh at yourself what it is all about. If I can laugh at myself, then if other people laugh at me, I can laugh with knowingness that whatever is going on really is no big deal.

1 comment: