Saturday 14 September 2013

Tolerate Uncertainty

 When it comes to having expectations I feel that disappointed is an outcome of a situation that I am not fully prepared for. Having an expectation is like a preconceived concept of 'ideally what I would like to see happen' and I go about my day thinking I have it all sorted out. Funny. Then real life happens. There are two ways it can go when being confronted with the real course of fate; First, I can accept the realities of what is going on - or - resist. To be a smooth and cool sister, I would love to say "I fully accept what comes my way and move with the ebb and flows of the day," (hahahahahaha) and for the most part I can agree with that.. but dude on those other days when my expectations were really high and boom boom boom my world crashes around me... I cave. I resist. Damn me, getting too caught up in my imagination and seeing only want I want to see rather than looking at what is actually going on.
 The only control I have in this world is my responses to a situation. To think I have any more control over anything else is absolutely silly. To be honest, we are living on a planet, floating in the universe, revolving around a hot circle of gas with shit whizzing by constantly.... and we think this is normal. It blows my mind. There is a completely different reality just outside of our earth bubble, so if I think more closely about it, there is also other individual reality's living outside of my personal bubble. Even the concept of expecting a certain outcome outside of myself seems flawed; if I can barely regulate and correspond my entire day to fit the entirety of what I want, how the hell can I even assume that I can organize another person? The craziest thing is people still try. 
 I generally believe that the intention behind what most of us do comes from a place of concern, love and hope... but it also comes from a place of fearing what would happen if we give in and let life takes it's 'natural' course. Trusting outside of ourselves can be a difficult choice, but the option is always there. 
 Say for instance I am worried about the 60 year old can collector.... I try to give him advice, tell him what to do and try to guide his decisions... really what I am saying is: How can you be satisfied with this life style, I don't think you are capable of dealing with what is going on and I have the answers that can help you. I wonder if I have even asked the guy in the first place, "Hey dude, are you alright?" or "Is there anything I can do to help you" or I could even have asked, "What have you learned about life that you want to others to know?" I mean, seriously, being alive for 60 years a person experiences a lot and I want to find out as much as I can about this existence we are living in. That is why I think comedy shows are so funny; laughing at the truth and reality of what is going on around us and making into a joke. Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment