Friday 3 January 2014

Space Beats

 I have begun to realize that there is a never ending amount of information to learn and to understand. Life is never boring... there may be stagnant moments, but boring it is not.
 I have recently discovered that there is time between what your eyes see and what is actually there so the brain creates an image for you. For instance, our brain has added the green to the grass for us to see. Seriously!! that is some crazy shit!! It is unbelievable (to me) how normalcy is accepted as the way it is, when there are so many reasons and systems as to how it has become.
 I remember thinking of space when I was a child and intentionally stopping myself before getting lost in the vastness and reality of it. All I could think about was the existence of a wall blocking off the galactic emptiness of space and I remember thinking that if space never ended that meant the wall had to be never ending and if the wall ever ended there had to be something on the other side of it, right?!?!?!... on and on and on my mind would go. I believe most of us have thought similar thoughts when looking up at the stars. Magic.
 Witnessing a shooting star for the first time was an eerie experience; 3 am walking along a deserted beach, warm air breezing past me, lost in conversation with a girl friend of mine, gazing towards the moon when suddenly a samurai sword cut through the night with such power and fury that I was sure an alien ship had landed. My stomach dropped, my body buzzed with questions and an overwhelming understanding of size dawned on me. We are so tiny. Yet so powerful. We are gifts to this existence, each of us carrying our own purpose and magic enabling sets of keys to open doors that we may never know exist.
 I feel a purpose to this journey is to overcome our kryptonite and to truly understand, while respecting, our intuition as a guide. All we need to do is accept what we are: Entertaining entities. Add some fun, take away some of the seriousness and play a little more often. I suggest thumb wars  as they are an excellent way to forget how old we are and never ever underestimate the power of the dancing groove.

1 comment: