Friday 27 December 2013

The Circle Continues

 Heightened energy alert!!! voom voom voom voom.. thoughts flying out a mile a second, sound trying to keep up to the speed of the words, all the while the mind feeling as though it is sauntering through the day at a pleasant pace. Disclaimer alert: vibes may be running at a high frequency. There is no need to apologize. 
 I find it astonishing that there is always a difference. A difference in perception, a difference in action and different ways to internalize. What you think, I may have never thought and what I think you may never know. Language is used as a way to communicate our thoughts and ideas. So often, I feel that there are not enough words to express the range of emotions that can be experienced within a day. To have a day of absolutes would be a day of flat lines. 
 I love the specs of random wisdom that so gracefully sweep me off my feet and allow a focal point to ponder.. I find that these moments give the "wow factor of simplicity" offering a foothold onto the next step. Recently, I was told "Some people are too stuck in the past, too stuck in the future or too stuck on the now and there needs to be balance between them all." I have honestly never considered that someone could be "too" stuck in the now. I thought that was the place we were intended to be. But on further dissection I began to understand that being too involved in the now may lead to a loss of direction of where we can be headed. 
 Being too much of anywhere can allow for avoidance, disregard and distraction of what is around us. We could be so focused on the ball that we may never notice the pothole in front of us... Sometimes I guess, we are intended to get a little dirty so we can wipe ourselves off, grumble and swear under our breath blaming the pothole like it is it's fault that we fell, all the while thinking of a time when life was a little easier. Hahahahahahaha. 
 I think that there will always be the fabled memory of an easier time: the fairy tale of the long long ago's where chivalry was alive and well, where mermaids swam the open seas, where youth respected their elders and people held hands singing in unison hoping for the future. Thank goodness mermaids are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment