Thursday 12 December 2013

Night Bubble

 Dreams: the nighttime stories of cryptic messages and enchanted possibilities, where anything is possible and control is limited. The ideal place of escape while being in the comforts of your own bed... running away from the thing that scares you the most, facing the fear you would never want to face or acting out your deepest desire without the consequences. Hmmm, dreams are funny. 
 I remember as a small child I believed that I was a character in a story book and the moment I went to sleep the reader has closed the book. I remember believing that my dreams were my actual conscious experience. I don't really understand why this was, but I honestly felt that dreams made more sense; I mean, if I wanted to fly I would fly, if I was under water I would breathe and if something scary was happening I could just open my eyes and it would be gone. What I have begun to realize is just because I have opened my eyes it does not mean the experience is over. 
 I find it amazing that a dream can create an emotional reaction that can carry through the day... it is weird, so strange, that nothing that anyone really did can create a sensation of loss, hope or excitement through the waking life! I have decided that these moments allow for a conversation to occur of what fear, desire or insecurity may be living within yourself.. all aspects of a dream are really aspects of ourselves that are being played out in circumstances that make it easier to understand. The main objective is to stay objective and not take it personal. It is not like someone is creating our dreams for us, we are resolving ourselves within our own mind... and it is never to be taken seriously; but rather as symbols and opportunities.
 Be mindful of how you treat others when you are awake... carrying over a reaction from the sleepers plane has nothing to do with the person next to you and if you treat them so it can turn sideways and too dimensional. How confusing that conversation can be.
 The cool thing about the dream daze transition to the morning haze is the realization that a dream is the place of night time resolution allowing a restart and disposal of chaotic thoughts. It is our safe place to play, solve and fly... a mini movie that plays only for us. Imagine what others would say if they could witness what we see when we sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment