Friday 27 October 2017

Time Change.

Remembering what brings a person peace is a wonderful remembering - it is like how did that thought ever become forgotten, where was it hiding and what made it resurface? Most of the time life makes no sense, but you can tell when it is feeling right. I wonder if that is an evolutionary byproduct of survival - when the moment is too calm, the instinct inside of us tells us to wait it out just a few more moments. 

It seems like when the mind gets distracted, focused, fixated or intrigued, moments take on a new meaning - time becomes our currency. I have never really understood the logic of money, seeing as, it is either paper, coins or digits... but  the power that is can have is indescribable. 

Money is a symbol, an exchange of something tangible for something tangible: an agreement of "I want this for that." It allows us to move around, travel, buy things and to show what we support. We can horde it, loathe it, love it, spend it, give it away and avoid it; regardless, it is an energy that circulates the world we are living in. 

What we can do for this concept is consuming. The idea that money makes us happy is a strange one. I think money makes us however we are. I don't believe that happiness is a forever state of being but rather a point in which we have the ability to access - the pressure to maintain to "that place" is a hard standard to meet, especially, daily. 

If all of a sudden a person won thousands of dollars I can see that as a happy moment, but is that because of the money or because it is a positive surprise? If we had as much money as we wanted forever and always, wouldn't we come back to ourselves and rediscover the areas that needed a bit more healing just the same as if we didn't have cash in the first place? 

It seems like a valid point of reference to position unhappiness on the shoulders of having a lack of cash flow but what is the real truth in that? Ultimately, we are all trying to survive in whatever position we are in and having access to our basic needs is a universal human right... which shouldn't be confused with money in the first place.

I truly feel that I am living in a vortex that wants me to believe that I am not enough until I meet certain unattainable criteria that will let me know that I have arrived to that "special place" by opening it's golden doors, while presenting its marble floors and promising an eternity of feeling full - and all I have to say to that is: I ain't buying that shit, I like being barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment