Sunday 13 October 2013

Full Bellied Blunders

 Experiencing the feeling of gratitude and thankfulness after gorging on a delicious meal surrounded by characters and loved ones is absolute sweetness. Not to say the whole dinner is capitalized on love, manners and sweet talk but rather full of teasing, fun and continued roles... I now understand that there are some people in my life that bring the "not so bright" Amber and it does not matter how much time has elapsed I will always fall back to 'wrong word, strange comments and confused looks' type of character. I guess the important thing is the ability to be okay with where you stand. As long as you know there is a game playing it is not really a game but a choice... and sometimes it is just more fun to play along. I love it when everything is life makes sense and there is the comfort of knowing that all is exactly where it is meant to be. 
 I have come to accept that fairness is not always about being equal and being equal is not about being the same. There is no possible way that life is going to work itself out the same way as your best friends and there is no way you are going to be fated to the same existence as your family. Situations may play out and paths may be easier to follow but that does not mean we have to take the same route; that is like saying, "well because that happened to my great great great great uncle obviously the same thing is going to happen to me"..... what?! what the hell does that mean??? You are trying to tell me that because something happened to someone in your blood line 80 plus years ago that you are doomed or righted to the same situations and opportunities as that person? No way!! So much has changed in 80 years alone that the environmental factors are going to create other variables to a somewhat similar situation. Blame is effortless......... and messy. 
 I don't know about you but I sure do enjoy a tidy reality.. I love knowing where I am at, where my shoes are, who I can count on and that I have no one to blame but myself. That way I can only be frustrated with me! Because I know there is something I can do about it. For instance I can put my keys in the same place everyday, fold my socks up together, always have cereal in my cupboard and laugh when shit gets difficult because "This too shall pass." 
....... Well.... one thing that really gets me going is the air-plane mode on a mobile phone... I mean if the pilot says have the phone off... Have it off!! Otherwise I may loose my shit and the other guy is to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment